Thursday, April 8, 2010

Frantic Fridays Launched

Frantic Fridays has finally arrived! Friday for me is a day for ranting, complaining and blowing off steam. Today I would be ranting about the heat that is continuously messing up with my mood. I love the sun, but the heat, definitely not.

Summer has arrived early in most part of the world, specifically to countries located near the Equator region. The El Niño Phenomena is the one behind all these troubles.

What is the El Niño Phenomena?

According to www.csa.com , the term El Niño or “Spanish Child” was originally used by fishermen to refer to the Pacific Ocean's warm currents near the coasts of Peru and Ecuador that appeared periodically around Christmas time and lasts for a few more months. Today, we use the tern to identify the large-scale warming of the planet Earth’s surface water every 3-6 years, which usually lasts for 9-12 months, but may continue for up to 18 months which dramatically affects the weather worldwide.

But as we can see, the El Niño Phenomena occurs much more frequently today than it was in the past. Of course we all know that this is because of the continuous deterioration of the Earth’s natural resources. The ozone layers is much more thinner than it used to be, forests lands have been denudated, toxic chemicals are ruining the lands and seas and not to mention the continuous piling up of waste and garbage around the globe.

I don’t want to sound too intellectual and an advocate for a greener Earth here. I admit. I have thrown a piece of paper and placed gum under my school desk, once or even more in my entire life. But I have been recycling and planting trees as much as I could to compensate for the wrong things I have done to our environment in the past. Let’s all contribute and share. Farmers here in the Philippines who earns less than what they need to survive in a day is even earning much lesser. Sources of income for these poor farmers are going to waste while politician wannabe’s are spending million of pesos for their campaigns. The government is spending billion of pesos for the automation of the elections, which is, as of present time delayed in schedule. I wish this people would bump their heads and realize that they are wasting “THE PEOPLE’S MONEY”. Shame on them.

Geez, I am so envious with countries like Japan, Singapore and Korea. They are not as powerful compared to the USA but they have managed to balance progress, keeping their environment healthy and keeping their culture and heritage intact. I have never been to these places, but watching tons of Asian novellas gave me a glimpse of what these countries have. Residential places are separated from the business areas. Forest and parks are also separated from the communities. I wish our leaders would have thought of that.

By the way, as I launch Frantic Fridays, I am also launching my Frantic Friday Summer Contest in my blog! Yohoo!

Details will be posted in my Frantic Fridays Summer Contest blog entry. See you there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment